Christmas jobs are a great way to take on a second job without committing to anything on an ongoing basis. Christmas jobs are, by their very nature, seasonal. If you want a Christmas job, it’s best to start your search well in advance of December. Many employers start hiring in November — in the US, the day after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest days for retailers.
Christmas job ideas include:
- customer service centers and call centers
- tree farms
- post offices
- gift wrap and customer service jobs at malls
- catering — staff a buffet, clear tables, serve nibblies
- babysitting and childcare
- pet sitting
- temp agencies
- mailing houses (many companies rush to send out business Christmas cards)
And, as always, my list of second job ideas still applies.
- Ideas for becoming a consultant
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Christmas jobs: second job ideas" from Become a Consultant at ConsultantJournal.com.