In my post on fear of the phone, I brought up the fact that a phobia can affect your business. Well, it isn’t just a fear that can affect your business. A mere dislike of something can affect it too!
How many times have you put off doing something, simply because you don’t like it? I know I’ve fallen victim to this. For example, I don’t like formatting my customer newsletter. It’s a pain. But I’ve found ways to deal with things I dislike.
Dealing with work you dislike
- Outsource it to someone else
- Put it at the top of your "to do" list and do it before you do anything else
- Take a small step toward accomplishing that item every day, before you do anything else
- Give yourself a reward for completing the task
- Look for another way to meet your goal. Do you really need to even do this?
We all have things we don’t like to do. How do you deal with work you dislike?