Explain New Year’s, asks Ivar, who recently read my post on personalized business Christmas cards. New Year’s is celebrated in many cultures as the passing of the old year and the beginning of the new year. And many people like to send New Year’s cards, instead of Christmas cards or December holiday cards, because New Year’s seems a little more secular. Of course, that depends on the circumstances.
- January 1st is the most popular date for New Year’s. It’s the first day of the Georgian calendar.
- Rosh Hashanah, Chinese New Year, and many other new years are celebrated by cultures from around the world.
For business purposes, you should take into account the backgrounds of your clients. In North America and many Commonwealth countries, a New Year’s card would not be out of place in January.
Update: Kyla emailed to ask why I am talking about New Year’s at this time of year. Note that you need to get those personalized holiday cards and mailing lists in order long before the holidays arrive!
- Personalized business Christmas cards
- Discount business Christmas cards
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Explain New Year’s" from Become a Consultant at ConsultantJournal.com.