Finding staff in a hot job market can be tricky for employers. A recent article on one sizzling job market suggests that small companies are hardest hit by labour shortages. That’s because smaller companies often face uncertainties that make it hard to commit to hiring a full-time employee. A good way for these companies to compete is by hiring an independent consultant or contract worker.
Consultants don’t mind short-term projects or uncertain workflow. In fact, consultants are drawn to the field for those reasons. Because they work for a variety of clients — not just one — they can take on sporadic, short-term projects. They offer employers flexibility.
- Second job ideas
- How I became a consultant
- Ideas for becoming a consultant
- Becoming a consultant FAQ
- Why become a consultant
- Should I become a consultant
- Reasons to become a consultant
- How to become a consultant
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)