From time to time, some of you ask how you can best support this site. I appreciate your interest. Of course, this site is chiefly a labor of love and I’ve made both the Consultant Journal newsletter and hundreds of articles available for free.
I do earn money from the ads on Consultant Journal. That has allowed me to invest in building the site, upgrading web servers, pay for hosting and build new online tools.
Really, to support this site, all you need to do is just keep visiting, taking part and telling your friends. But, because some of you want to know what else you can do, I’ve put together some ideas. The key thing is to get the word out about this site. More people means a richer and more diverse community, with more comments and more participation. It also means more advertising, which means I’ll be able to invest more in this site.
- Read articles on the site. After all, that’s why Consultant Journal is here.
- Use the ShareThis widget at the bottom of the page. Share this site with the wider world.
- Follow me on Twitter or tweet at me.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Forward your favorite posts to your friends. Invite other people to visit.
- Make comments. Comments help build community.
- Subscribe to the newsletter. (See top right of page.) The more the merrier!
- Write a guest post. If your post is accepted, you’ll receive a link back to your site and my gratitude. It’s a great way to generate new traffic for your own site, build up your credibility or simply contribute to the Consultant Journal community.
- Link to my site, if you have a website or a blog. It’s a great way to bring new people to this site.
- Ask your friends to link to my site. If you don’t have your own site or blog or you’re just really enthusiastic, ask your friends to consider linking to my articles. It will help bring more people to Consultant Journal.
- Mention my site on Facebook, forums, Twitter, blogs or other online tools.
- Make a purchase through our Consultant Journal Amazon store. (Although that site defaults to a list of books, you can purchase anything else you like. Consultant Journal receives a very small commission.)
- Click on ads that genuinely interest you. Please don’t click on ads as a way of giving me a tip. Advertisers don’t like fake clicks and they won’t keep advertising if their campaigns fail. That being said, if you do see ads that really and truly intrigue you, support the advertisers.
- Send me free product samples for review. I can’t guarantee a positive review — that would compromise the site’s integrity. But I am willing to take a look at what you have to offer.
- Advertise on this site. If you’ve got a product or service that would interest Consultant Journal readers, advertise on this site, in the newsletter or in our consulting directory list.
- Buy one of my guides:
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur for Moms
- Become a Consultant
Thank you all for your support so far. Whether it’s a kind word, a link, a comment, a successful advertising campaign or a purchase, your support is truly appreciated.