Proposals – proposals make up a key part of any consultant’s sales tools. As a consultant, you’ll be asked to write everything from back-of-the-envelope proposals to the kind of detailed proposals that governments request.
Five considerations for proposals
In writing any proposal, you should wrap your mind around:
- Goal – why are you writing this proposal?
- Audience – who will read this?
- Details – what requirements, deadlines and dealbreakers were cited in the request for proposals?
- Structure – what’s the best way to arrange the proposal?
- Contents – what do you need to include, based on the above?
With that in mind, work through each stage.