As part of my Reasons for Becoming a Consultant series, I’m looking at, well, the reasons people become consultants. In the past, I mentioned you might want to become a consultant to make extra money or to maintain a work/life balance. And that work/life balance leads to reason #3. By starting a consulting business, you can create the opportunity to work from home. In addition to earning an income, you can forgo office politics, eliminate your commute, and spend more time at home. Once you’re at home, you can take care of household duties on your lunch and coffee breaks. (I know I love being able to pop a homemade lasagne in the oven at 3 pm.) Some people also find that, when they become a consultant, it gives them opportunity to balance their work time with staying at home with their children or elderly parents.
- Reason for becoming a consultant #1
- Reason for becoming a consultant #2
- Why become a consultant?
- Becoming a consultant FAQ
- How to become a consultant
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Reason for becoming a consultant #3" from Become a Consultant Blog at ConsultantJournal.com.