Setting SMART goals can help you grow your business. Although I’ve been setting goals for years, I only recently learned about SMART goals. (Granted, the system I was using before was pretty similar.) My friend Melanie recently helped me outline some SMART goals for my business.
SMART goals are:
- Specific – who, what, when, where, why?
- Measurable – what gets measured gets done, right?
- Attainable – pick goals that are achievable, given your abilities and constraints
- Realistic – you must truly believe it can be accomplished
- Timely – set a date for meeting the goal
In an upcoming post, I’ll discuss some ideas for setting SMART goals for your consulting business.
(Want to make sure you see that post? Subscribe to my RSSfeed.)