Should I Become a Consultant
Should I become a consultant?
Should I become a consultant? Before you decide to become a consultant, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I a leader?
- Am I self-confident?
- Am I organized?
- Am I a self-starter?
- Am I competitive?
- Do I have lots of energy?
- Can I work long hours and unconventional schedules for an unknown length of time?
- Am I a risk taker?
- Can I sleep at night without knowing when I’ll see revenue?
- Do I have a safety net? Can I afford to take this risk? Can I recover if I don’t win?
- Am I in good health? Can I manage without a benefits plan at first?
- Do I mind doing administrative tasks by myself at first, like answering the phone, stuffing envelopes, answering email, typing letters, and managing the books?
- Do I have skills, knowledge and experience that companies will pay for?
- Will my family support my decision?
- Do I have the interpersonal skills to make sales, manage clients, and negotiate with stakeholders?
- Do I have a decent credit rating?