I usually post a top five list on Fridays. Well, I’ve been very busy with a hard drive crash that took place last weekend. My poor Acer laptop finally kicked it. The hard drive died. And it took a little piece of me with it!
Well, it’s not so bad. I back up my hard drive on a fairly regular basis. And I was able to pull my Outlook file off the hard drive before it died.
I’ve lost data before. It’s awful. It’s not a life trauma, but it isn’t exactly fun either.
Five reasons to back up your hard drive
- Losing data may disrupt your work.
- Trying to crack a dead hard drive can be expensive or time consuming.
- Losing access to your calendar and email may make you look bad in front of clients.
- Stressing over everything is not productive.
- Shopping for a new system takes enough time — trying to make up for all the work you lost would be even worse.