Being a consultant — I’ve said a lot about becoming a consultant, but what about just being a consultant? What’s it like to be a consultant? Well, I’ve been a consultant for 10 years. During that time, I’ve reflected on my role. And it’s not quite the same as having a regular job. Obviously, I prefer being a consultant or I’d have a job working for someone else. But what keeps me going?
The benefits of being an independent consultant:
- flexibility — I work when I want
- money – I set my consulting fees, rather than being dealt a salary
- variety — I work with several clients on several projects
- home — I work from home, avoiding a commute or extra time spent away from family
- fun — I wouldn’t consult if it wasn’t fun!
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. See "The big list of reasons to become a consultant" for more about being a consultant.
- How I became a consultant
- How to become a consultant
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Being a consultant" from Become a Consultant at ConsultantJournal.com.