Last month, we bought a personal video recorder (PVR). I tend to be very frugal — perhaps as a result of being self-employed — so this was a rare treat for us. All month, I’ve been singing the praises of our PVR. As a break from the usual discussion here at Consultant Journal, I thought I’d share my excitement:
- We can pause live television
- We can start watching something before it finishes recording
- We can hit "replay" to see a great shot or play again during live games
- We can use our cable company’s built-in guide to plan recordings
- We can set up recordings of series, even telling the PVR not to save repeat episodes
I bought the PVR after meeting some earnings targets for 2007. What a great reward!