Happy Fourth of July to my US readers! While you’re celebrating Independence Day, I’m thinking about my time as an independent consultant. I’ve talked about Independence Day before, but let me emphasize this year’s reasons that I love consulting.
5 Reasons I’m Happy to be an Independent Consultant
- Consulting brings work-life balance
- It allows me to work from home, eliminating my commute
- I set my own price. Well, okay, the market sets my price too, but I’m more in control than if I worked for someone.
- I choose my own projects, clients and work hours.
- I’m writing this post from the sandbox at my parents’ house, several hours from where I live. Try justifying that to a boss.