Following my post on the top 10 consulting myths and working on spec, here are some bonus myths that deal with spec work:
- Consultants should make presentations about more than just their backgrounds and experience before they are hired. Nope. I’m a business. I can’t afford to do work for free.
- Consultants should trade their strategies for a free lunch. Not a chance. $15 will not buy my best ideas.
- Consultants should develop business plans, articles, designs, and strategies, then present them. If the company thinks your vision is in alignment with theirs, they’ll pay. No way. If you want my brain, you’ve got to pay.
- Setting consulting fee rates
- Consulting fee agreement forms
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"More consulting myths about spec work" from Become a Consultant at ConsultantJournal.com.