Finding work you can do from home is something that seems to elude a lot of people. But it’s not as hard to find work you can do from home as you might think. If you start a consulting business, you’ll have the flexibility to decide where and when you work. For example, you might meet with clients at their office, but you can still do planning, research, analysis, writing and other work at home. Some clients are even comfortable enough that they’ll okay work without ever meeting you in person. Over the years, I’ve worked remotely for clients ranging from Hewlett-Packard in California to start-ups a few blocks away from my home — all without ever leaving my home office! So, if you’re someone who answers a hearty "yes!" to "Should I become a consultant?", you could be working from home in short order.
If you’d like mentorship in your transition to consulting, check out Become a Consultant: How to Make the Leap.
- More on finding work you can do from home
- Work from home scams
- Getting your first consulting job
- Second job ideas
- Should consultants try telecommuting?
- Post resume for telecommute jobs
- Telecommute jobs
- Business opportunities from home
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Finding work you can do from home" from Become a Consultant at ConsultantJournal.com.