When do you become a consultant? When you decide to call yourself one. But how about figuring out when you become a real working consultant? Ah, there’s the rub! Finding your first consulting job is what really turns you into a consultant. Once you’ve got that first job, you’re really fit to call yourself a consultant. Even if you still need a day job, side job, night job or spouse to keep you going, you’re a consultant once the projects start rolling in. Whether you work at home, work from an office or take a laptop to a local cafe, you’re working once you’ve got a project to do.
But how do you find your first consulting job? Well, take a look at how I became a consultant. I didn’t become a consultant all at once. I took my time. Stay tuned for more details on how you can become a consultant a little bit at a time.
- Second job ideas
- Finding work you can do from home
- Work from home scams
- More on finding work you can do from home
- Should consultants try telecommuting?
- Post resume for telecommute jobs
- Telecommute jobs
- Business opportunities from home
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Getting your first consulting job" from Become a Consultant at ConsultantJournal.com.