Yesterday, I discussed finding work you can do from home. One of my older articles notes the clients who hire consultants. And I’ve previously warned readers about work from home scams. But I still get a lot of email from people who want to know how to jump start their business and find work.
Some tips for finding work to do from home:
- Let your colleagues, former co-workers, friends and family know you’re looking for consulting work
- Ask your former employer(s) if they need any help
- Go to professional events and network with people outside your field
- Get listed in directories and search engines
- Go to events and tradeshows and meet potential clients
- Check Craigslist for opportunities
These are just a few ideas for finding work you can do from home.
- Finding work you can do from home
- Work from home scams
- Getting your first consulting job
- Second job ideas
- Should consultants try telecommuting?
- Post resume for telecommute jobs
- Telecommute jobs
- Business opportunities from home
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant