Do you use LinkedIn, the social networking site for business? If you don’t, you may be missing a valuable opportunity to make connections and increase your visibility.
5 reasons I use LinkedIn:
- I’ve made a lot of connections — ranging from new clients to people with whom I wanted to do business.
- The site’s features make it easy for me to get introduced to high-profile people, with whom I previously wouldn’t have known how to get into contact.
- The privacy settings allow me to manage what information is available to the public — and I can make sure I’m not connected to just anyone.
- LinkedIn can help you gather background information for sales calls and proposals. You can even check your network to see if you know anyone working at a particular company — or if any of your contacts know someone who can give you the inside scoop.
- By helping other people connect with my own contacts, I build stronger relationships with my existing contacts. (It never hurts to be a nice guy!
Here’s my LinkedIn profile.