I’m taking part in a group project for home-based businesses. As part of that, I’m responding to:
If you could take an expert in the field of internet marketing or home based business to lunch what would you ask them?
As a consultant, I’ve taken many business people to lunch over the years. So I’ve had this opportunity several times. But, on more than one occasion, I’ve had the tables turned. I’ve had people ask me about becoming a consultant. So here’s my top 10 list of questions people ask me about how to become a home-based consultant.
Become a home-based consultant – top 10 questions
- How much do you charge for consulting fees? How do you set consulting fee rates?
- How do you motivate yourself to get work done? Don’t you feel isolated and depressed?
- Do you ditch work to go to Starbucks?
- Can you pretty much write anything off on your taxes?
- Gee, a business consultant — do you know anything about this [insert work-from-home scam]?
- Can you tell me how you became a consultant?
- What reasons did you have to become a consultant?
- Could you tell me some ideas for kinds of consultants I could become?
- Do you have a huge home office?
- And — here’s the kicker — So what kind of job would you like? (Uh, sorry. I do this full-time. Consulting isn’t a cover for being unemployed. I live off my income.)
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)
"Take a consultant to lunch" from Become a Consultant Blog at ConsultantJournal.com.