Did you know that commenting on blogs is a marketing strategy? Leaving comments on blog posts such as this one is a tool employed by many consultants to drive traffic and attention to their websites.
How does it work?
By leaving useful, engaging comments readers are encouraged to click on your link to find out more about you. And from a search engine optimization perspective, links on other websites that point to your website are a good thing.
Imagine that you’re a copywriting consultant. You come across a post on a professional writer’s blog that discusses the lack of good copywriting these days. You can chime in with some useful, funny commentary that positions you as an expert. For example, you could mention that you’re a professional copywriting consultant and you’re amazed at some of the copy that you’re hired to rewrite. You could share a few funny grammatical mistakes that you’ve caught, and you can sign your name and leave a link to your website.
You’ve just shared a funny story, positioned yourself as an expert and there’s no doubt that a few readers have clicked on your website link to find out more about you.
The key is to leave useful and engaging comments on blogs that are relevant to your niche.
A few tips to remember:
- Make sure your comments are related to the post;
- The most effective blog comments are detailed, engaging, humorous, and helpful;
- Recent blog posts get more readers, in general, than old archived blog posts; and
- Do not write off-topic and obviously promotional comments.
- 8 reasons to write guest posts for blogs
- Becoming a consultant FAQ
- How to become a consultant
- Why become a consultant
- Should I become a consultant
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Consultant
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)