Become a life coach and start your journey into self-employment today.
Life coaches help their clients identify and then achieve goals. Life coaching can be one of the most rewarding types of consulting because life coaches help their clients in all areas of their lives. While life coaches aren’t counselors or therapists, life coaches do draw on multiple disciplines to help their clients improve their lives.
In order to become a life coach, the first step is to decide that life coaching is for you. Before launching your business, become an expert on what it’s like to be a life coach. Do research:
- Speak to life coaches about their experiences;
- Understand the complexities of the life coach certification process;
- Understand how to set your rates;
- Read books about life coaching;
- Understand your local market;
There is ample online information about how to become a life coach. But don’t simply rely on online research. Get out there in your community and meet life coaches in your area. No one can give you a better sense of life coaching than those already working in the field.
Once you’ve fully grasped what it will take to become a life coach, consider specializing in one area: business, health, relationship, personal, or sport coaching.
Once you’ve done your research and have chosen to become a specialized life coach, you’re ready to launch your life coach consulting business!
- Become an image consultant
- Become a skin care consultant
- Become a business consultant
- Discover your inner consultant
- Become a home staging consultant
- I’ve decided. Now what?
- Consulting Fees: A Guide for Independent Consultants
- Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur (for moms)