Let’s talk business cards
Though it’s a classic way of connecting with new clients, the tactic of handing out your business cards is still relevant in today’s technological age. It’s such a an easy and portable way of advertising your consulting business. The more creative the card, the more it will succeed in catching your potential client’s eye. You may want to hire a graphic designer if you’re not of the creative ilk. And don’t be stingy with your business cards: the more you distribute, the more clients will take notice.
Hand them out to…
- Business associates
Hand them out at…
- “Related” businesses – a fitness consultant could hand his/her cards out at gyms, sportswear stores, and health food restaurants.
- Business functions, expos, seminars & workshops.
Stick them up on:
- Bulletin boards – never underestimate the power of a community bulletin board!
Use your imagination! The more cards you get out there, the more business will come your way. Do you always strike up a conversation with the receptionist at your gym? Pass a few cards to him. And always give your clients a few cards: there’s a chance they will pass them on to their friends and so on. In fact, some people — the people who love helping others and being valued as the one who’s “in the know” — will look for opportunities to hand out your cards.
Never underestimate the snowball effect when handing your cards out. In effect you are tapping the networks of every person you hand a card to. Make sure you take advantage of this valuable resource. It may be something you can consider as you put together a marketing or business plan too.
- 5 reasons to send business holiday cards
- More ways to find new clients
- Sales prospects – How winners find prospects