Leverage the Internet
Depending on your business, an online presence can help you connect with new clients. The Internet can provide you with a wealth of advertising/marketing options. Depending on what type of consulting service you are offering, you should consider one or more of the following:
- Web site and/or blog: today’s web-savvy clients turn to the Internet before the telephone book. Your website should attract new clients, sell your service and impel them to contact you. Hire a professional web site designer, if need be, and make sure to create compelling content. Keep it fresh and update it frequently.
- Social media: Sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter (to name a few) are great ways to connect with clients and showcase your knowledge. Research each site to see which best suits your needs.
- Guest post: try to score a guest post on a related web site. This is an excellent technique for sharing your knowledge and building your client base. Many sites welcome guest posters, so get in touch with one (or more) and start writing!
- Newsletter: promote a newsletter from your web site. This allows you to maintain contact with clients and/or prospects on a regular basis.
- Emails: email your clients to thank them for their patronage. Or to notify them of upcoming specials or events. Save every email address from clients and prospective clients, and stay in touch with them.
- Publish an e-book: if you really want to showcase and sell your particular expertise, what better way than to write an e-book?
If you haven’t done so already, try at least one of the above methods to promote your consulting business and find new clients. The Internet is too valuable a resource to overlook.
- Using a website to generate leads
- Use a blog to build your consulting business
- How to use LinkedIn to build expert status