Qualifying leads takes time and effort. But qualifying leads makes up an important part of figuring out whether you can engage a client in the sales process.
You don’t need to grill the prospect to get this information. You can use:
- Corporate website
- Corporate research reports
- Newspaper articles
- Information from others who have dealt with the prospect
- Website discussion forums
- Your business and personal contacts who know about the prospect
- Information from newsletter sign-up forms, contest registrations, tradeshow ballots and other steps in the lead generation process
- Details from your CRM or contact management system
Of course, if you can bring up these questions in casual conversation, you can qualify a lead too.
More about qualifying leads